fter the one sided victory of BJP in UP and Uttrakhand it was clear that all the boundaries of cast, color, and religion were broken and people had been just in their voting.
BJP elected Trivendra Singh Rawat as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand yesterday, because of his low key profile in politics many people do not know much about him, so here are some facts about Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- He was born in a military serving family in Khairasain, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand in the year 1960 (age 56)
- At the age of 19 he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh better known as RSS.
- He completed his Masters in Journalism from the Birla campus under HNB Garhwal University.
- At the age of 25 he became a spokesperson for the RSS in Dehradun.
- Later on he joined BJP and started working with senior BJP leader Lalji Tandon.
- He was actively involved in the Uttarakhand Andolan and was arrested several times, his hardwork along with the determination of thousands more earned Uttarakhand statehood.
- In 2000 he was made the BJP state cadre preseident.
- In 2002, the states first legislative assembely elections he was elected from Doiwala.
- He retained his seat in the 2007 election and was then elected to be the Agriculture Minister of Uttarakhand.
- Now in 2017 he again wins his seat and now is elected as the 8th CM of Uttarakhand
- (He assumed office on 18 march 2017 under the Governership of K.K.Paul)